Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) said it will start serving certified-organic lemonades, Aguas Frescas, and tea from Tractor Beverage Co. at participating locations on Tuesday.s
Newport Beach, Calif.-based Chipotle, operating over 2,600 restaurants, said the agreement with Tractor Beverage also marks the brand’s first national philanthropic product integration.
All Tractor Beverages sold by Chipotle will help support the U.S. agricultural industry, with 5 percent of Chipotle’s profits from its sale of these beverages being donated to causes that support farmers.
Funds will expand Chipotle’s existing farmer programs including long-term contracts, increased local sourcing, scholarships and grants to start, run or grow farming operations, among others.
“Adding Tractor Beverage Co. products and introducing Beverages with Integrity is a notable evolution for the Chipotle menu,” said Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer. “Now our fans can enjoy delicious, all-natural drinks made with real ingredients while supporting the farming community.”
Four new flavors of Tractor Beverages will be offered at Chipotle exclusively for in-restaurant dining and carryout orders:
- Organic Lemonade
- This crisp organic lemonade is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, made with real lemons and cane sugar. It also includes turmeric, known for its vitamin C content.
- Organic Hibiscus Lemonade
- Tart hibiscus flowers, known to be rich in potassium, are paired with fresh citrus in this riff on a classic lemonade.
- Organic Mandarin Agua Fresca
- This refreshing agua fresca is packed with vitamin C thanks to tart citrus, orange and tangerine.
- Organic Berry Agua Fresca
- Organically grown pomegranates, strawberries and cherries are combined to make a just-sweet-enough agua fresca, which also features a hint of apple cider vinegar.
In addition, two new bottled Tractor Beverages created for Chipotle will be available for dine-in, takeout and delivery orders:
- Organic Lemonade
- Organic Black Tea
- Sri Lankan Black Tea mixed with cane sugar and a hint of lemon to create a bold, yet delicate drink.
Organic farmer Travis Potter founded Tractor Beverage Co. in 2015 on the simple idea that great food deserves great drinks. The company’s entire portfolio of drinks is non-GMO, completely organic and entirely natural. Tractor Beverage Co. is the first and only non-GMO and certified organic full line beverage solution available for food service.
“This is a dream collaboration for two brands committed to using all-natural ingredients, sustainable sourcing and supporting farmers,” said Travis Potter, founder of Tractor Beverage Co. “Our Tractor Beverages pair perfectly with Chipotle’s real food and will bring entirely new flavors to the brand’s dining experience.”
Beyond the new Organic Beverages program, Chipotle most recently supported farmers in its supply chain by assisting in the development of eCommerce sites within the Chipotle Virtual Farmers’ Market, an online marketplace where consumers can buy real ingredients online, directly from the brand’s suppliers.
To date, Chipotle and the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation have contributed over $500,000 to support the next generation of farmers. The brand is empowering the next generation of farmers by offering education, scholarships, grants, and three-year contracts to young farmers.
Chipotle’s Aluminaries Project 2.0 accelerator program is also helping growth stage ventures across the country advance innovative solutions in farming.